Matched betting – what is it?
Matched betting (also known as back or lay bet matching, or double betting) is a betting method used by individuals to profit from the free bets and incentives offered by bookmakers. It is generally considered risk-free as it is based on the application of a mathematical equation rather than chance.
Does it work?
You will have seen lots of adverts on TV, the internet and high street shops from bookmakers like Coral, Betfred, Skybet, Paddy Power, Bet365, William Hill and others saying bet £10 receive £20 free or £50 Free Bet for New Customers.
The basic principle is that instead of gambling your money away and losing you use these promotions to make a guaranteed profit every single time, no matter if your bets win or lose. Like the sound of that?
How much can you make?
It all depends how much time you want to spend per day. I personally aim for £2500 per month from matched betting but I spend 6-8 hrs per day. If you spend a couple of hours every day you can very easily make £500+ every month tax free, spend a few more hours each day and you can easily make £1000 per month tax free. Sound good? Want to know more?
What do I get from this?
Nothing really, as I do not place advertising on this site so if you decide to read on or not it makes no difference to me. So why do I do this? Well after a friend was kind enough to tell me about matched betting and I made some serious cash, I thought I would share with you so you too can make tax free, risk free cash as well.
Trust me, there are tons of scams on the internet but this is not one of them and it is not like the more people that do this the sooner it will disappear, matched betting is legal and accepted by the bookmakers (although they do not like it). Read through the step by step example and decide for yourself. After doing the math, if you agree, go for it and you will never look back, I never have.
Lots of sites charge £15+ per month for this information but I provide all the information and tools to do this for free, but why not make a bit of free £cash before you decide to spend any.
If you like what you see and I hope you do, you can always make a donation to help me cover hosting costs and keep this site open. It would be nice but there is no obligation.
Matched Betting FAQ’s
Is it legal?
- Absolutely yes, matched betting is 100% legal, although they do not like it very much as they lose money.
What about my credit rating?
- No, as you are not gambling and follow the instructions properly you only make profit as bookmakers do not perform credit searches.
Is this going to require a lot of money to stat with?
- You do not need a lot of money to start, I started with just £50 and took it nice and slow till I had built up several thousand.
Can I make a lot of money from matched betting?
- People make between £1,000 and £2,000 per month from matched betting, even if they don’t have much time to spare to take advantage of the latest offers.
Will I be able to do this?
- Obviously you have to be 18 years of age to open a bookmaker account in the UK but as long as you can grasp the basics of matched betting and have some spare time, even just on an evening, you can do it.
Do I need to know about betting?
- Not really because matched betting is different to traditional betting and all you have to do is follow the step-by-step guides to ensure you know exactly what you are doing.
Why have you written this guide
- I try to help people when I can.